New Book on Stephen R. Donaldson!!!

Definition of a nerd-out: you get excited that someone has written a new monograph on Stephen R. Donaldson.

The book is Stephen R. Donaldson and the Modern Epic Vision by Christine Barkley, from McFarland's Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy series of books. Alongside W. A. Senior's Stephen R. Donaldson, that makes this the second monograph on SRD that I know of. I remember Barkley from my senior thesis research on Donaldson, and, from what I can gather, took advantage of retirement to finally flesh out a long love of hers. I can't say how much this tickles me -- possibly because I love SRD, partly because it was just a nice surprise. I'm immediately ordering it from interlibrary loan!


Also, from the publisher's blurb, I think I'm going to like some of the chapter titles: "Ur-lord of the (white gold) ring," "Portrait of the artist as a young leper," "Remembrance of some things past."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem

3-year Writing Productivity Report (2020-2023)