The Problems of Watching Game of Thrones

Okay, so I'm already hooked on Game of Thrones. I knew I would be -- the books are great.

(Actually, funny story: I loathed the first two books, perhaps mostly because the first scene of the first book seemed to encapsulate a hoard of fantasy cliches, but I gave the series another chance when I read a plot summary of the third book -- and the Red Wedding. That was the only time a plot summary could legitimately be called jaw-dropping.)

Anyway, the missus and I are five episodes in, and we've run across a little problem. GoT, as even fans must admit, is a little gory, . . . and Martina just truly dislikes that sort of thing. It doesn't bother me at all, although I hardly consider it a major selling point, but working through this issue is getting tricky. I can't just not watch the series, since I both want to and need to for my field of study, and she doesn't want me watching 60+ hours of anything without her, so she's soldiering through. I do, however, have to put my hand over her eyes every time a gory scene comes up.

I think I can safely say that I never anticipated this problem before getting married. . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem

3-year Writing Productivity Report (2020-2023)