MTSU makes the Chronicle of Higher Education

Indeed, the title says it all. The article (which is about relations between the town and the Muslim community) may be found here. When I first came to the university in 2011, someone told me about the mosque controversy, and I said, "What, that was here?!?!?" It made national headlines -- a group of locals were protesting the building of a mosque here, claiming that Islam didn't fall under the protection of the first amendment because it was an ideology rather than a religion. I remember hearing about it, but the name of the town never registered -- until I actually started living here.

As an added bonus, the article even quotes from one of my professors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem

3-year Writing Productivity Report (2020-2023)