Academic blog guilt

Sadly enough, I know I've been neglecting this academic blog. Most of the reason simply revolves around being too obsessed about the recent spat of articles I've been finishing up: two new articles on Paul Edwin Zimmer, both of which have been submitted for review, and a revision of my Donaldson essay on gender violence which came back "revise and resubmit" about a month ago. All that's left is the SRD piece, and I've been frantically revising that -- no matter what I do (and I realize I'm a perfectionist), I simply can't seem to get it "right." My self-imposed deadline for the article was yesterday, but I had to tell the editor that it'll take another week.

Unfortunately, the upcoming semester begins in 10 days -- on Monday, August 20th, to be exact. I still haven't looked over the material for my online courses, either, so I'll be frantically engaged with that over the upcoming week, plus a few general meetings for department members.

Alas, it'll be a rough week. Curiously enough, it might feel like a "break" when the semester actually starts up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem