Random Offer of Someone's Tolkien Hoard

So, odd but cool thing . . . got a random e-mail the other day from a nice lady who offered me her entire Tolkien collection. Turns out she was downsizing for an upcoming move. Her e-mail also included an itemized list of everything she had, and it was quite the impressive collection, I thought. Unfortunately, I already either had the books or had already read them -- thankfully, as an academic, I've learned that interlibrary loan is my friend.

So I told her I had to pass, but I also knew another Tolkienist who heads the library at Pima Community College, so hopefully that'll pan out.

Out of curiosity, I also asked her how she got my name. Apparently some fellow Tolkien enthusiast friend of her's in Hawaii (!) had heard of me and, somehow, knew that I resided in the Tucson area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem