The "True Crimes" Podcast

From the interview I posted about a few weeks ago, the podcast(s) has gone up. The first is a mini-podcast (only 6 minutes) on "Violence and Ghosts."

The second is the first official full-length "true crimes" episode of Wildcat Crimes: "The Myths, Legends and Crimes Behind the Haunting of Maricopa Hall" -- i.e., one of the local all-female resident dorms. I appear at the 22-minute and 34-minute marks.

I'm a bit embarrassed about my first answer in the full-length episode . . . the question about ghosts and women, and I answered with the old tradition about women being less rational and more emotional than men. That's true as far as it goes, but I could have mentioned the concept of transgressed gender roles and the idea of the "monstrous feminine." Plus I'm a horrible speaker. Alas. . .  still a fun experience, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem