Almost! (LARB edition)

Kind words and validation are always nice -- even if we fall slightly short of our goals.

About five or six weeks ago, an assistant editor position (speculative fiction section) opened up at the Los Angeles Review of Books. The position was volunteer, of course, but still -- the LARB! It wouldn't have required anything I wasn't doing already for Fafnir and, requiring only 3-6 hours per month, the time investment was basically nil. Given how awesome having the LARB on my c.v. would look, I had no reason not to apply.

Anyway, I indicated my interest to the sf editor, who sent me a sample that I then copyedited and returned. Heard nothing for several weeks, so assumed (correctly) that they had chosen to go with another applicant. Nonetheless, the editor just answered my brief follow-up query, and he said that he liked much sample well enough that he forwarded my name -- with a "glowing recommendation" -- to LARB's managing editor, who often needs volunteers, it seems. So, if something opens up in the futures, fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem