Songs of Valdemar!

Growing up, one of my all-time fantasy series was Mercedes Lackey's The Last Herald-Mage trilogy. I re-read it several years ago, and it help up admirably well -- easily the best work Lackey's done, in my view, as I've never cared much for her other works. (This was also my first literary exposure to a non-heterosexual character.)

Anyway, there were a number of songs at the end of the trilogy's final book. Randomly surfing around, I discovered that all these songs are on youtube. The lyrics, I've always found, are competent -- but Lackey has a fantastic voice, and that just tickles me pink. Nice and soothing instrumentals, too. Awesome stuff. Check it out here.**

-----
***The link opens to "Shadow Lover," but you can click the other Valdemar songs on the upper-right column.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem