Coronavirus Madness

Well, the U of A has just officially moved in-person classes online due to Coronavirus, as many other campuses have already done. Won't affect me ( I teach online already), but it'll be a jarring transition -- however prudent -- to all my fellow colleagues and students.
UA is also saying, "International travel and out-of-state travel will be strongly restricted." My upcoming conference next week, ICFA 4, hasn't (and won't) be cancelled. I'm still planning on going. The money is a sunk cost, there's been no reported instances of coronavirus in the Orlando region, and I really am excited about going. Nonetheless, I'm feeling increasing guilty about the decision.

So far, about a quarter of the participants have already self-cancelled, and that'll probably increase significantly with the European travel ban announced yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem