Do YOU have your Orc Identification Number yet?

Or, to use the more common abbreviation, the ORCID.

The journal Law & Literature recently asked me for mine following the acceptance of my Donaldson article, but I didn't have one. But then I also received a stern e-mail from the University of Arizona saying, basically, "All U of A scholars must get an ORCID, or else!"

I never thought this applied to me. After all, ORCIDs aren't that common in the humanities, plus research isn't part of my job description as a lecturer. Still, given the Law & Literature publication, I went out and became the proud new owner of an ORCID (0000-0002-3620-3972).

As a Tolkienist, though, I'm pretty sure that "ORCID" is an abbreviation of "Orc Identification Number." I honestly have no idea what else it could mean. A type of flower? God knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem