Reading Patrick Rothfuss's The Kingkiller Chronicles

As part of quarantine, I've started Patrick Rothfuss's The Kingkiller Chronicles. For years, I've refused to read it because he just won't finish the damn thing, but it's good. Really good. Still, I continued to be annoyed that there's no book three yet.

Also, The Name of the Wind is 700 pages and The Wise Man's Fear is 1100 page. As a kid, I used to love super long books -- it was my version of extreme sports. I read not just once but twice both Stephen King's It and L. Ron Hubbard's Battlefield Earth. Now, though, as someone who reads books for a living, I firmly believe that writing long books is simple bad manners -- no matter how quickly the pages turn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem