A busy, busy summer . . and happy fall semester!

Although I'm used to working everyday, this summer has been especially crazy in terms of teaching:
  • Directed Self-placement Advising through May and June
  • Three weeks in late June revising my online Monsters module
  • actually teaching that online Monsters module in July and August
  • GAT Orientation and Preceptorship in August
  • plus various professional development workshops.
Plus, there was all my other writing/research activities . . . finishing up on long essay in May, writing two encyclopedia entries in June, and thus spending July and August writing and research my research proposal for Specters of Tolkien: History, Totality, and Thymos at the Beginning of Epic Fantasy. (This last one is still ongoing.)

Now, though, I've just submitted final grades for my Monsters class . . . on the first day of Fall semester. Thus, I'm about to embark on a luxurious 4-hour summer vacation before going back to the grind.

Wouldn't trade academia for the world, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem