Reading Tolkien (a podcast): I get interviewed by Dr. Ben Basset

Just did a fun podcast where Dr. Ben Basset interviews me about the field of Tolkien Studies, how Leo Strauss might be relevant to it, plus other topics like SF, Chip Delany, the Silmarillion, and metafiction. For some background, he found me because he really liked an article I published in Journal of Tolkien Research right before COVID hit, "On Ways of Studying Tolkien: Notes Toward a Better (Epic) Fantasy Criticism." For my part, I was just fascinated to be talking with this subject with someone like Ben, who's an Aussie archaeologist but a major Tolkien fan as well.

Anyway, if you're interested, it's about 71 minutes long. Find it here -- Reading Tolkien: An Interview with Dennis Wise. Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem