Peer Reviving and Publons

So, I was reading an article on quality peer reviewing (cuz I'm a geek like that), and I discovered that there is a community out there devoted to recognizing quality peer reviewers .... normally, a thankless task that conveys no professional benefits to the reviewers. This community is called Publons. I only browsed the website briefly, so I'm posting about it here partly to remind myself that I should later check it out more fully . It's also geared more to peer reviewers of scientific articles, who I gather tend to get more requests than humanities scholars.

Still, given that my MLA presentation last January suggested a need to somehow recognize peer review within the academic community, I found this discovery of Publons quite intriguing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem