The Anthology has been sent!!!

It's official. ... last night I hit "send" on Speculative Poetry and the Modern Alliterative Revival: A Critical Anthology, and it's now in the hands of Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. I'm highly excited about the anthology overall, and while I no illusions about how much any academic sells, I do think the topic fascinating and the scholarship (if I say so myself) pretty far-reaching.
  • 49 different poets
  • 152 poems
  • 53,000 total words of editorial content, which includes
    • 20,000-word introduction
    • 11,000 words of headnotes
    • 5,000 words in Appendix C
    • 17,000 of footnotes.
  • All contracts signed, except for one minor hiccup and one person for whom I couldn't find any contact information.
  • All permission-to-reprint fees paid for out of my own pocket.
And I managed all this in "only" eight months. The last three months have been particular brutal since, as Director of Undergraduate Studies, I've been putting in 10-12 hours days for seven days a week, ever since early August, but it's been entirely worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem