Aslans ... shipped!

Well, fate has conspired to force me to do several blog posts of late. This one ended up being a hassle, too. As Awards Administrator for the Mythopoeic Society, I'm in charge in shipping out the Aslans -- i.e. the trophies -- to that year's recipients.

This year the ordeal took me two (2) trips to the trophy store, two (2) trips to the Post Office, and four (4) trips to FedEx for a whole host of reasons. .... mainly because the trophy store screwed up the first time around, and I didn't catch the error until later. (Then also because FedEx is good at packaging items for international shipment, but the Post Office has drastically cheaper rates.)

Long story short, however: the Aslans are now shipped! Three of them international, two of them domestic. The only thing left is for me to get reimbursement.

Also, I learned (slightly too late) that I can use my UA English Department's FedEx account to get huge discounts on various services. Well, now I know for next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem