Book review: "Tolkien's Utopianism and the Classics" by Hamish Williams

Well, my latest book review just dropped in Journal of Tolkien Research: a review of a Tolkien's classical sources. Feel free to read my full review of J.R.R. Tolkien's Utopianism and the Classics (2023), but it's an useful book that probably won't interest many folks outside of its narrow disciplinary focus. However, my final paragraph brings up a particularly killer idea regarding Tolkien, diversity, and the "open society," and that may be of interest to folks.

I took it on, though, because (a) a hard copy was offered, and I now only review books in exchange for a hardcopy, and (b) it keeps up my streak of one published review every year since 2016 -- that is, eight years running. And I'm guaranteed a ninth year from two reviews in queue. This is a pretty meaningless streak, mind you, but why not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem