And Donaldson . . . done!

Just completed my second essay on Stephen R. Donaldson and gender violence. (The first was "revise and resubmit," and my subsequent revision is now under renewed consideration.) This second essay focuses on "Reave the Just" from SRD's Reave the Just and Other Tales. It was, in fact, the conference paper I presented at ICFA 2017, although this version is double in length and oozing with secondary material. Still, I'm a bit unsure . . . I'm pretty confident that the close reading and analysis is top notch, of course, but I'm not sure what reviewers might think of my ultimate conclusions. Thus I'll be sending this sucker out drastically unsure of its fate.

Of course, for me, surety isn't all that sure . . . I've send out articles that I believed were the cat's meow, and sometimes they've been accepted-with-no-revisions, and sometimes. . .  well! 

So we'll just have to see how this goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem