S. T. Joshi Endowed Research Fellowship

So I just found the following: a really cool S. T. Joshi Endowed Research Fellowship that pays a monthly stipend of $2,500 for up to two months of research at the John Hay Library at Brown University. Considering I just got an article on Lovecraft accepted (with minor revisions pending) by Gothic Studies, I'm soooooo tempted to apply for this. But, discipline! After finishing my current two articles, which themselves are coming from my postdoctoral research fellowship from Science Fiction Studies, I really must begin on my monograph. I'm starting to get a bit article'd out, anyway . . . as much as I love the short format, having 6-8 articles "under review" and none of your work for the last 2 years visible does get rather wearying. Books themselves have a long gestation period, of course, but at least they're only one thing to juggle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem