Being Translated into Chinese!

It's true, apparently. About a week ago, a gentleman from ArdaNEWS Studio, a Chinese fan society, contacted me for permission to translate "On Ways of Studying Tolkien: Notes Toward a Better (Epic) Fantasy Criticism" into Mandarin. Or at least I'm assuming it's Mandarin. He gave me the links where it would be put up, but of course . . . it's all in Chinese. Actually, I had to do a fair amount of digging to make sure that it was a legitimate fan society, since one must always beware predatory publishing in foreign languages.** But it looks like everything is on the up-and-up, and it's just a really cool thing to put on my CV.

And this now makes this my second article being translated, even. Strangely, the first one is my other publication for The Journal of Tolkien Research, "Harken Not to Wild Beasts: Between Rage and Eloquence in Saruman and Thrasymachus," which is being translated into modern Greek for a collection edited by Dr. Dimitra Fimi and the president of the Greek Tolkien Society. Given that academic articles take months or even years of labor for nothing more than a tiny potential readership, stuff like this really helps make all the work worthwhile.


----------------------
** Although, admittedly, the bulk of predatory e-mails I received are from India and, surprisingly, Turkey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem