One way or another, they get you

The immediate glow of that Mary Kay Bray award from SFRA is wearing off, and that's when they get you. Gerry Canavan from the SFRA just asked me to serve on their awards committee for the next three years (and chairing the third year).

I should have expected that, of course, but characteristically wasn't. Anyway, I said yes. Even though I'm not quite sure how I'll fit it into an already packed schedule, service to the field is important, and it's the least I can do. At least the reading for this award won't overlap with my reading for the Mythopoeic Society Awards. The MKB stuff occurs in mid-winter, whereas my MythSoc stuff won't normally start until the spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem