"Tolkien Criticism Today, Revisited"

It's official: my first review for the Los Angeles Review of Books has just appeared. It's called "Tolkien Criticism Today, Revisited" (click link), and it tackles two recent books on Tolkien:
  • The Literary Role of History in the Fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien by Nicholas Birns (Routledge, 2024)
  • Representing Middle-earth: Tolkien, Form, and Ideology by Robert T. Tally Jr. (McFarland, 2024)
I'm a bit nervous about it, honestly, not only because it's such a public forum, but because I share my honest thoughts about the current state of Tolkien criticism. If you're interested, check it out ... and always happy to discuss.

Comments

  1. Noted for the next issue of the Roving Ranger newsletter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And believe it or not, I DIDN'T realize you were doing this newsletter .... but I'm subscribed now. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

A Look at Charles R. Saunders and "Sword & Soul"

A Good Week For Publication